Federal and State Incentives Report
The NEXCAP team provides an overview of select of state and federal tax incentives, economic development organizations, and useful information for those interested in investing in our profiled communities.
While the list is not exhaustive, the NEXCAP team updates the list regularly in hopes of providing users with the most relevant and up to date information as possible. Check back often for the most recent version.
Download April 2013 Summary Report of Federal and State Incentives
Listed below are links to additional tools and websites that can provide useful information and assistance for companies interested in locating in the United States.
Total Cost of Ownership Estimator
- The Total Cost of Ownership Estimator is a tool developed by the Reshoring Initiative to aggregate information about the various costs and risk factors associated with potential sourcing decisions.
- The RACER Trust was created in 2011 to clean up facilities formerly owned by General Motors and position them for redevelopment. Their website provides profiles of numerous sites throughought the Midwest and Northeast United States.
- Select USA provides a searchable guide of federal programs and services available to businesses operating in the United States and additional information about the advantages of operating a business in the United States.
International Trade Administration
- The International Trade Administration (ITA) promotes the competitiveness of U.S. exports and provides commercial diplomacy to support U.S. business interests around the world. Additionally, they provide information about and enforce U.S. trade laws and agreements.
U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service
- The U.S. Commercial Service is the branch of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration devoted to trade promotion in order to help U.S. companies increase sales in expanding global markets.
U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration provides information about employment, job training and production costs in America and funding for various grants and other programs to support the development of the U.S. labor market.
White House Office of Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers
- Created in 2009 to assist automotive communities impacted by the downturn in the automotive industry, the Office of Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers helps connect federal support with stakeholders in automotive communities and coordinates efforts to rejuvinate the automotive industry.